A major update to the Network’s mobile app has been released for both the Apple iOS and for Android. The iPad version of the app will be released next week.
In addition to making the app a little quicker and squashing some “bugs,” the new app adds several different features that we are very excited about.
- In the events section, the app now has the capacity of “RSVPing” for the event, as well as adding it into your personal calendar with the click of a single button.
- The Network blog will continue to be connected and feed directly into the Network app, so that you can stay updated with the latest news from the Network.
- The app adds a directory, of those who have also created profiles within the app, so you can network with each other quickly and easily.
- Perhaps the most remarkable addition to the app is the addition of the “Prayer Requests” page, where you can post your own prayer requests for the community to
gather around. This allows us to continue to support each other, wherever we are!
- We now have the ability to post documents directly into the app! We can post ministry tools and updates there for you to access!
- We’ve added links to MartinsList and the Network site directly into the app menu.
Our goal is to make it even easier to network with each other!
Note: When setting the app up for the first time, it will ask you to create a profile. This allows you then to access and add to the prayer wall. This is not the same as your network web site log in. You will need to create a new username and password (though you’re welcome to use the same one as for the Network web site to keep things easy!)
Put the Network in your pocket! Download the Network app today!
Some of you have tracked the saga for the last six months. But in a nutshell:
- The company that we worked with to develop the app, iGivings, which focuses on mobile apps for congregations, went through an organizational crisis. In short, there was a conflict between the company’s owners and the CEO that resulted in the removal of the CEO from his position.
- The company owners wound up shutting down the app’s systems to protect the data within the app. While this was a difficult decision for the company (it meant no revenue for them) their choice was to protect the data within the system. We all appreciate this decision.
- The new owners got control of the servers and the data back in September. However, with an almost entirely new staff, the new software developers basically had to “backwards engineer” the app completely to get everything up and running.
Earlier this week, the app went live. We’ve been working to get the data all back up to date, and are glad that we’re back to 100%.
The company will continue their work, and they are working on developing a new version of the app hopefully in the first quarter of 2014, which should be cool.
So hey, if you haven’t been on the app for awhile (can’t blame you!) get back on it now! It’s one of the primary ways we will connect and communicate upcoming stuff. And if you have never downloaded it…go for it! It’s great! You can get info on it at www.elcaymnet.org/app.
Most importantly is the prayer wall! Post your prayer requests there…click the links to indicate that you’re praying. It’s what we do as community!
Networked in Christ,