- You click on “bleeding” and it tells you what to do, including a helpful video, right on your phone.
- Someone gets a burn? There are well laid-out instructions including a helpful video.
- Concerned about heat stroke? The app tells you what to do, including a (you guessed it) video. At the bottom of each scenario are links to other related and helpful information. Under heat stroke you can link to
- What’s the difference between heat exhaustion and heat stroke?
- What are heat cramps?
- How do you treat heat cramps?
- How can I immerse someone in cold water if I’m not near a tub or pool?
Every one of us who work with young people and who take them on road trips should be certified in both CPR (including infant CPR if you work with the very young) and advanced first aid. That is just common sense. But sometimes, in the midst of a chaotic moment when someone is sick or injured, and we’re in the midst of managing a group, our minds can go blank. Having this information literally in the palm of our hand can be a great resource for us, and can help mitigate injury and even save lives.
The app can even give you quizzes to help keep you up to date and fresh on your skills.
A best practice? You should have this app on your phone. I’d even recommend having all of your volunteer leaders download the app to their phone. Go to where you download your apps and look for “Red Cross First Aid.”
It’s a great resource.
A major update to the Network’s mobile app has been released for both the Apple iOS and for Android. The iPad version of the app will be released next week.
In addition to making the app a little quicker and squashing some “bugs,” the new app adds several different features that we are very excited about.
- In the events section, the app now has the capacity of “RSVPing” for the event, as well as adding it into your personal calendar with the click of a single button.
- The Network blog will continue to be connected and feed directly into the Network app, so that you can stay updated with the latest news from the Network.
- The app adds a directory, of those who have also created profiles within the app, so you can network with each other quickly and easily.
- Perhaps the most remarkable addition to the app is the addition of the “Prayer Requests” page, where you can post your own prayer requests for the community to
gather around. This allows us to continue to support each other, wherever we are!
- We now have the ability to post documents directly into the app! We can post ministry tools and updates there for you to access!
- We’ve added links to MartinsList and the Network site directly into the app menu.
Our goal is to make it even easier to network with each other!
Note: When setting the app up for the first time, it will ask you to create a profile. This allows you then to access and add to the prayer wall. This is not the same as your network web site log in. You will need to create a new username and password (though you’re welcome to use the same one as for the Network web site to keep things easy!)
Put the Network in your pocket! Download the Network app today!
Have you downloaded the Network app?
Prior to coming to California, you’ll want to download the Network app! On the app, you can check the up-to-date Extravaganza schedule in the “events” section. And if there are any schedule updates or changes, we’ll also be posting those in the “blog” section.
At our worship, we’ll even use the “giving” function of the app to take offering, if you choose to.
The Network app is available in both the Android Marketplace and the iTunes App store. You can also get to it by going to http://www.elcaymnet.org/app. The app is free to download and use.
You’ll want it to help you navigate the E!
Some of you have tracked the saga for the last six months. But in a nutshell:
- The company that we worked with to develop the app, iGivings, which focuses on mobile apps for congregations, went through an organizational crisis. In short, there was a conflict between the company’s owners and the CEO that resulted in the removal of the CEO from his position.
- The company owners wound up shutting down the app’s systems to protect the data within the app. While this was a difficult decision for the company (it meant no revenue for them) their choice was to protect the data within the system. We all appreciate this decision.
- The new owners got control of the servers and the data back in September. However, with an almost entirely new staff, the new software developers basically had to “backwards engineer” the app completely to get everything up and running.
Earlier this week, the app went live. We’ve been working to get the data all back up to date, and are glad that we’re back to 100%.
The company will continue their work, and they are working on developing a new version of the app hopefully in the first quarter of 2014, which should be cool.
So hey, if you haven’t been on the app for awhile (can’t blame you!) get back on it now! It’s one of the primary ways we will connect and communicate upcoming stuff. And if you have never downloaded it…go for it! It’s great! You can get info on it at www.elcaymnet.org/app.
Most importantly is the prayer wall! Post your prayer requests there…click the links to indicate that you’re praying. It’s what we do as community!
Networked in Christ,