Board in the Air
Even as I type this, members of the ELCA Youth Ministry Network’s Board of Directors are in the air or are traveling by car to for its
annual fall meeting. We normally rotate sites for the fall meeting, and this year we’ll be meeting at the ELCA Youth Ministry Network World Headquarters (my basement) and at the congregation where I serve.
The Board meets for several reasons:
- To practice what we preach: We talk, we network, we pray and we support each other.
- To learn together: Often we have a topic/conversation/book study that we do, so that we can stay on top of our game and can learn together. We want to be smarter about those with whom we work.
- To do the vision and mission work of the Network: This is the group that dreams.
- To monitor our status: The Board is responsible for our finances, our fundraising, the the big picture planning. The staff does the detail work.
- To set policy: As we move forward, the Board creates the policy that creates the boundaries for how our organization will move forward.
- Charlene Rollins
- Larry Wagner
- Valerie Samuel Taylor
- Yvonne Steindahl
- Mike Ward
- Julie Miller
- Linda Staats
- Sue Rothmeyer; ELCA staff
- Todd Buegler; Executive Director